Wednesday, December 24, 2008

finally feeling better


Hi all! My household has not been well:( I had something for a few days, then my middle son had an 102 temp for 4 days. He ended up having strep/ear infection. Anyway. I haven't been in the mood to do anything. I hadn't even done holiday baking yet. Yes, I know it's Christmas Eve! Usually we make cookies and fudge. Lots and lots of fudge.
My baking mojo must be off. I ruined the fudge, simply by not properly reading the directions. I tried to salvage it and got a very nice boiling sugar burn. Then I tried making peanut brittle. Here's the picture of that attempt! This is after I let the pan cool for a bit before I attempted to throw it out. Yeah, not having that. I didn't make cookies I made cupcakes instead. Thank goodness they turned out!

No comments: